D500X Firmware versions 2.3.5 and 2.4.2
To upgrade a D500X detector, the firmware file should be transferred to a FAT32 formatted CF card using the Transfer command of the D500X Utility program (copying the upgrade file to the CF card through Windows will not work). Then put the card in slot #1 of the D500X and turn the power on with the EXT/INT Power switch. The detector will automatically recognize the card as a “firmware upgrade” card. Follow the instructions on the display to perform the upgrade.
Version 2.3.5 and 2.4.2 feature a number of new functions, some of which are:
* Delayed start possible in triggered recording mode.
* Improved system supervision feature with automatic system restart for certain error conditions.
Version 2.3.0 features a number of new functions, some of which are:
* Improved log file information (timers and recording settings info).
* Increased CF card access timeout for compatibility with newer CF cards.
* Longer file names makes it possible to save more files in each recording session.
Version 2.2.6 features a number of new functions, some of which are:
* New “Trig Sensitivity” system. The algorithm now tries to avoid making recordings that are not “pulse-like” (i.e. avoid recording signals of long duration, such as the sound of wind, rain, orthoptera, etc.).
* New timer function. The old timer function is still available, but in addition to this a “sunrise/sunset relative timer” function has been added. The latitude, longitude, time zone and daylight saving time is entered in the Time settings and the times for sunset and sunrise are automatically calculated.
* If the power is switched off or otherwise fails while the detector is in the Automatic Recording mode, the detector will automatically resume the recording session when power returns.
* The battery voltage warning and shut down voltages can now be changed by the user in the F1/Utilities/Battery Settings menu. This is useful to make the battery monitoring system compatible with different types of batteries/power supplies.
For full details, please refer to the user manuals.
D500X Compatability chart
More recent D500X’s utilize a new type of display which necessitates firmware modifications, meaning that the firmware version must be chosen according to the compatability chart below.
|Firmware version*||Compatible with serial numbers||Compatible with firmware loader version|
|2.2.6, 2.3.5||Mk I: up to 01279|
Mk II: up to 52248
|2.4.2||Mk I: from 01280 and up|
Mk II: from 52249 and up
*Firmware versions 2.2.6 and 2.3.5 are compatible with Firmware loader version 1.0.1. Firmware version 2.4.2 is compatible with Firmware loader version 1.2.0. The Firmware loader version is displayed at the beginning of the firmware upgrade process. The D500X may have received a new firmware loader version when serviced by Pettersson, in which case the firmware loader version prevails over the serial number.
Download: D500X 2.4.2 (128 kB)
Download: D500X 2.3.5 (128 kB)
Download older version: D500X 2.2.6 (128 kB)
D1000X Firmware version 1.0.4 and 2.0.0
Firmware upgrade instructions can be found here.
Download: D1000X 1.0.4 (256 kB)
Download: D1000X 2.0.0 (256 kB)
If download link does not work, right-click on link and select “Save target as…”.